siesmic engineering hardening of data centres
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

siesmic engineering hardening of data centresExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:31 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, December 31, 2016 9:15 AM
I am keen to add more to my design expertise on this topic and to also share my knowledge with others.

My perception of the current situation is that the focus is on the structural elements of the building and the non structural items are often overlooked. e.g. Water sprinkler pipes fracturing in office spaces above the mission critical data centre; gensets that don't start after the earthquake shaking for a whole raft of reasons like broken mounts/pipes/cables/batteries.....; UPS batteries that fall from thier selves and snap thier solid metal terminal links; ......
Post #9559
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:03am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ