Grounding & BONDING
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Grounding & BONDINGExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:23 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:54 AM
Anyone can give the Standard covering two ground leads from TMGB to Building Ground Grid (TELECOM ROOM). Thanks..

venjieb
Post #7899
Posted Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:08 AM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Group: BICSI Staff
Last Login: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 1:03 PM
The ANSI/NECA/BICSI-607-2011 is the latest grounding and bonding standard.

You need to be a little more descriptive of your question.

The TGMB is typically located in the building entrance facility and tied to the AC panel and building steel.

The TBB, or Telecommunication Bonding Backbone runs from the TMBG to the TGB in each telecom room. There is also provisions for a Grounding equalizer that connects TGBs on the same floor TR's on the first, top and every third floor.

Christopher S. Hobbs, RCDD, DCDC, RTPM | Manager Training Provider Services | chobbs@bicsi.org
BICSI | Advancing the Information and Communications Technology Community | 8610 Hidden River Parkway | Tampa, FL 33637
+1 901.461.3756| Fax: +1 813.971.4311 | www.bicsi.org

Create a Connection: Follow BICSI on Twitter; Join us on LinkedIn;
Become a Fan on Facebook; View Videos on YouTube.

New BICSI CONNECT Courses: Related to business, project management and safety. Visit www.bicsiconnect.org.
New 13th Edition Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual: Purchase BICSI’s updated flagship manual at www.bicsi.org/tdmm.
Showcase Your Industry Expertise: Earn a prestigious BICSI credential.

Post #7902
Posted Thursday, February 04, 2016 6:54 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, June 04, 2018 7:42 PM
I Have a G&B question,
my entrance facility is not located near the main electrical entrance.
the building is small with one floor. The comm room/ entrance facility is located about center of the room, the outside cable comes in via conduits through the ceiling.
I have the TMGB in this comm room since it is effectively my entrance facility, I do have a dedicated electrical panel in this room, I am less than 20 from the panel with my TMGB.
Can use the electrical ground in this panel for my TMGB BCT?? To run something all the way to the main elect panel would be cost prohibitive but I may be held to that.
feel free to respond to richardb@starelectric.us

Richard
Post #10146
Posted Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:37 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 11:52 AM
RichardB (2/4/2016)
I Have a G&B question,
my entrance facility is not located near the main electrical entrance.
the building is small with one floor. The comm room/ entrance facility is located about center of the room, the outside cable comes in via conduits through the ceiling.
I have the TMGB in this comm room since it is effectively my entrance facility, I do have a dedicated electrical panel in this room, I am less than 20 from the panel with my TMGB.
Can use the electrical ground in this panel for my TMGB BCT?? To run something all the way to the main elect panel would be cost prohibitive but I may be held to that.
feel free to respond to richardb@starelectric.us

Richard, When you say BCT, do you really mean TBC, the connection from the PBB to the Main SwitchBoard Electrical Panel Ground Bar?

RCDD, TECH, INST1, INSTC, INSTF
Post #10734
Posted Monday, June 04, 2018 6:08 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, June 04, 2018 7:42 PM
I what seems like a simple question....
I do not see any info in 607C to size TBC when there is no TBB or BBC involved.

The TEF is in the TR. The main AC entrance facility is approximately 135 conduit feet away.
607 C 7.2.1 says PBB should be with Telecom cables and equipment.. there is an AC panel in the room but the 607 C schematic shows the TBC going to main entrance facility although 7.2.1 says panel board. If PBB goes close to Telecom cables and equipment...then this is the only room and therefore no need for any SBBs...so what guidelines for sizing TBC

I imagine the true answer would be to consult and engineer

Richard
Post #10948
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:51pm

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ