Fire Rating for IT Rooms - when?
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Fire Rating for IT Rooms - when?Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:27 PM
What is the code section(s) that describes when an IT room requires a 1-hour fire rating?  There seems to be a lot of uncertaintly about this requirement in general.
Post #7252
Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 7:38 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:57 AM
I'm not sure what the code requirements are for IT spaces, perhaps someone else will have that information.  However, the code will likely offer a requirement of what it will take to keep your fire in your room.  Consider the level of investment you have in these spaces.  Isn't it worth it to protect them from the circumstances occuring in the surrounding spaces?
Post #7253
Posted Friday, March 30, 2012 3:05 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:35 AM
MegHobbs (3/29/2012)
What is the code section(s) that describes when an IT room requires a 1-hour fire rating? There seems to be a lot of uncertaintly about this requirement in general.
One hour???

Correct me if I'm wrong, because one hour rating is the normal two sheets of rock. One on each side.

Remember, gear today may have many different types of data values "living" on them. That's why understanding the risk involved is so important!

-Kevin J

A picture is worth a thousand words. 

Post #7257
Posted Friday, May 24, 2013 12:33 PM
Forum Guru

Last Login: Monday, June 13, 2016 5:01 PM
There is no code that I am aware of that says it has to have fire rated walls.....I have seen several in new healthcare facilities smoke tight only. There are too many factors involved......the building occupancy rating, whether the building is sprinkled, the overall compartmentalization plan of the facility, etc, etc. But again there is no specific code that says IT rooms have to have fire rated walls. I'm 99% sure of this but codes are changing and being interpreted differently all the time.

RCDD
ITS Tech

Post #8313
Posted Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:05 AM
Forum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:38 PM
All the Document Templates (with examples) you will need to manage your Project successfully!!
Designed for IT systems development & implementation, but can be adapted for other Projects.

Download the Templates free at the download-links below (you will have to complete a short survey for each download):

Master Record Index - Click Here
Project Charter - Click Here
Project Schedule - Click Here
Project Costing - Click Here
Risk Register - Click Here
Project Issue Log - Click Here
Project Action List - Click Here
Change Request Master - Click Here
Change Request Form - Click Here
Project Progress Report - Click Here
Meeting Agenda - Click Here
Deliverable Acceptance Certificate - Click Here
Test Plan - Click Here
Test Case - Click Here
User Requirements Specification - Click Here
Functional Specification - Click Here
Business Process Definition - Click Here
Gap Analysis - Click Here

Project Charter -http://getmyfile.org/file/0r79j4
Project Schedule - http://downloadconfirm.net/file/0r79j5
Project Costing - http://downloadwho.com/file/0r79J1
Post #8354
Posted Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:23 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:08 AM
Hi!
I think this is a good post and Am agree with lacaire and I support his idea!!

Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
Post #9499
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:29pm

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ