Hello BICSI staff - Are you out there
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Hello BICSI staff - Are you out thereExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, November 08, 2008 1:03 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:02 AM
What is up with the BICSI office lately.

I sent two emails. The first, sent a week ago, to the Credentialing Manager asking her where I should forward copies of certificates to get CEC added to my transcript. - No answer. The 2nd to the general emailbox of BICSI on Wednesday evening asking them as well - No reply

The response in the past was great, the lack of response now leads one to wonder what is going on. They processed my membership renewal quickly enoungh and took the money!

I would love to know where my total CECs stand so I can properly plan my 2009 activities

What gives?

Joseph Golan, RCDD (Retired)

Palm Coast, FL

Post #2196
Posted Saturday, November 08, 2008 6:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Group: BICSI Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 16, 2015 12:43 PM
Joe,  I don't know where you sent the e-mails but if they were to a specific individual maybe they were out of the office, etc.  I'm as surprised as you because I always have received prompt responses especially from the credentialing personel. I'm not a staff member but I know all you need to do to get CEC's posted is fax the certificate to BICSI at the general fax # 813-971-4311.  It will be posted to your account right away.  Also login to the members only forum and you can view your complete transcript.  Hope this helps.  Ray Craig
Post #2197
Posted Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:07 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Monday, December 29, 2014 4:44 PM
Joe and Ray.

Sending email or voicemail to an individual seems to work best. 

I have some additional insight to offer on my recent experiences with CEC credentialling.

The generic email address to send scanned forms to did not work well for me (5 weeks and no postings or followup?):  I'd suggest not sending to  Credentialinginfo@bicsi.org  as suggested on the individual CEC form ! 

I also suggest a steamlined individual form for pre-approved courses/CEC credits that have been  preapproved by BICSI Corporate Vendors.  The individual form link below seems excessive/cumbersome to me.

I also noticed that the written policy on the individual CEC request form might be getting overlooked and not followed.  Not a big deal with me, cause I check the online transcripts periodically.  But may be misleading if printed application information  is not followed or the form is outdated. 

Downloadable form and related quotes from the last page of the form:
https://www.bicsi.org/pdf/CEC/CECApplication-Individual.pdf

"  Notification, Award and Shelf-life of BICSI CECs "

Applicants will be notified by e-mail regarding the number of CECs awarded for their course submission as well as the number of CECs credited toward their BICSI credential designations.  "  
 -->  Email notification did not happen on the last three applications I sent on. 

" Notification of CEC approval may take up to 30 days from the date of application. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to apply well in advance of their credential renewal dates.  "
  --> The application I sent to the general email address above (and as identified on the application form)  did not get processed in 30 days.  After 5 weeks, I then resent the application directly to Tiffany Aguilar and she resolved and posted the credits in a day or two.  Thanks Tiffany !

Just adding my observations and constructive suggestions !

Best Regards - Todd Taylor, RCDD/OSP.

Post #2199
Posted Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:26 AM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:02 AM
Todd and Ray,

Thank you both for your replies. I will try and resend the certificates to the general FAX number including a cover leter. I am aware of the CEC transcript in the members section, this is how I knew nothing was done as there were no posts for the classes I sent in.

Joseph Golan, RCDD (Retired)

Palm Coast, FL

Post #2200
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 2:55am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ