Skillsoft/Skillport for CEC credit
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Skillsoft/Skillport for CEC creditExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:26 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 21, 2017 2:50 PM
For military members that hold BICSI certifications, are we allowed/authorized use the Skillsoft/Skillport academic program to gain contact hours for continuing education credits?

I found this statement from one of the BICSI "global link" sites and it got me to wondering if military members could use this service versus paying for BICSI Connect Web-based Training.

"Did you know that BICSI recently released more than 15 online courses? Through BICSI’s partnership with SkillSoft, BICSI is able to provide industry-relevant, hot topic courses through BICSI CONNECT, our online learning platform. The new courses cover project management concepts such as negotiation essentials and risk management, as well as safety concerns such as electrostatic discharge safety and first aid. Click here for an in-depth look at the courses available via BICSI CONNECT."
Post #10711
Posted Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:25 PM

Forum Member

Forum Member

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:16 AM
Hi there and I hope you're doing well!

The Continuing Education Credit (CEC) Program policy is the best source for CEC questions: http://www.bicsi.org/uploadedfiles/PDFs/BICSI/CEC_Program_Policy.pdf.

CECs must be ICT-related (section 3.c)--and the BICSI CONNECT Skillsoft courses are ICT-related.

If the education does not have BICSI pre-approved CECs, the course would need to be reviewed to determine if it qualifies (3.G). An application can be found here: https://www.bicsi.org/uploadedfiles/PDFs/Applications/CECApplication-Individual.pdf.

You can find a list of all BICSI Connect courses here that have already been approved for CECs: https://www.bicsi.org/connect.aspx.

I hope this helps--but if you have additional questions, please contact us at bicsi@bicsi.org.

Have a great day!

Post #10713
Posted Saturday, October 21, 2017 7:49 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 21, 2018 6:46 AM
I checked the Skillsoft web site.
BICSI does not appear to be an approved partner.
Post #10715
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:10am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ