TR design
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

TR designExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, November 05, 2016 11:28 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, June 24, 2018 8:48 AM
Greetings!

I have a query in designing a TR.

Can we combine the data points of multiple floors into one single TR?

For example, one TR is available at 6th Floor. Can i terminate the data points of 5th floor (having 200 data points) and 7th floor (having 200 data points) to 6th floor TR? because TDMM recommends min one TR per floor. Pls suggest.

And also as per TDMM, TR design size guidelines , maximum TR serving area is only available till 10,000 sq.ft (929 sq.m). Can i use one TR to serve more than 10,000 sq.ft?

Thanks in advance
SSN

Post Attachments 
TR room design.PNG (10 views, 15.69 KB)
Post #10408
Posted Sunday, November 20, 2016 1:41 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:02 AM
SSN

It is recommended to have a minimum of one TR per floor but you can modify based on your situation. The 10,000 sq ft serving area is also a "should" rather than a "shall" in the TDMM and the standards.

hope that helps
Post #10420
Posted Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:44 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Monday, May 21, 2018 6:46 AM
The standards and BICSI best practices, while noble goals, are often not achievable in the real world.
Many times, due to architectural concerns, TR's are just not available.
I have often used one TR for 3 floors, but be careful with the 10,000 sq ft rule.
You never ever want to exceed the 90 m (295 feet)
GPON solutions solve most of these problems, no TR's required.
Post #10427
Posted Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:08 PM
Forum Guru

Last Login: Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:51 AM
On a lesser note...It will be a lot of steps for someone with adds, moves and changes.
Post #10428
Posted Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:09 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Saturday, November 17, 2018 4:13 PM
What are you going to do when the floor above or below gets leased/bought out and all of that copper is running to a floor you no longer have access to? Don't say it won't happen as I see it happening every once in a while. Keep a TR per floor. Install a cross-connect fiber running up to the floor above and below you that allows you to disconnect either floor if leased or sold in the future.

RCDD, TECH, INST1, INSTC, INSTF
Post #10694
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:38am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ