RCDD Exam Advice
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

123»»»

RCDD Exam AdviceExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2015 12:40 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 27, 2019 12:51 PM
So I'm getting ready to take the RCDD exam, probably within the next 2 months. I've read all the way through the TDMM and been studying the BICSI online flash cards. My problem is that the flash cards provided by BICSI are online only, and don't offer any way to randomize them or make your way through the deck quickly. What should be a fast-paced memorization activity is a tedious slog that is slow and doesn't help me much at retaining the information.

I've taken to reformatting the cards from the "core" chapters into excel sheets that make it easier to work through.

So this has helped me out as far as the core chapters go, but what about the other chapters? I'm not really familiar with how the test will be formatted other than "80% or more" of the questions are from core chapters.

Is this an accurate percentage? Should I focus equally on the non-core chapters?
Additionally, has anyone taken BICSI's online RCDD course? Is it worth it?
Post #10096
Posted Thursday, December 24, 2015 6:31 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Monday, May 21, 2018 6:46 AM
I think the 80% is pretty accurate.
Every question is important, so I would spend
some time on the non core chapters. Students
often miss passing by just a few questions.
Make sure you "challenge" the questions you do
not feel contain accurate information. Students
often pass by getting their challenges approved.

The problem with the BICSI online course is it does
not have a real time instructor. I would take a look at
http://ventouxlearningnetwork.com/
It is online but instructor led. Also http://coryandsteve.com
can help with the memorization questions. They have a good test
engine with lots of questions. They helped me for my DCDC exam.

The application questions are a different storey. They
cover multiple chapters, including the non core, are rambling, and
do not give enough information to give a proper answer. Stick with
your first choice, students often change their answer by overthinking
and getting the wrong answer.

Good luck on your endeavor.
Post #10097
Posted Monday, January 04, 2016 4:53 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 10:18 AM
I agree with David. You should spend 85% or more on the core chapter because they represent the majority of the test. Rule of thumb the more pages a chapter has the more time you should spend on it. You may not get more questions but the it seems that many questions will come from the larger chapters. I would not recommend getting the cards out of order since the test is chronological for the most part (except for application question which can be taken from one or more the chapters.) Studying in order is the best way to study to remember and to utilize the information on to the test. If you want to get more out of the cards I can tell you how. The major obstacle that you may have is trying to find out what you do not know or what is important. The best course that BICSI has is the DD102 for figuring out the manual and using it in real world application. Those who have taken this course have increased their chances of passing the test. One reason the people fail is the fact that they cannot choose the answer the BICSI wants versus what you have learned in the real world. The other main reason is that they just do not study enough and were not ready to take the test. Review classes should only be taken when you have over 150 hours of studying. Most of the review classes will not help you pass the test unless you have already learned the information. Most of these classes only help to strengthen what you already have learned. We do offer a review class that is unique in its approach and delivery. If you are interested call me and I will be happy to discuss it further with you.

Post #10109
Posted Friday, February 26, 2016 1:54 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, September 17, 2017 1:19 AM
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your suggestions and supports.

I have successfully passed the exam yesterday.

I worked really hard for that. I have worked more than 10 hours daily for two months. I have got enough support from my colleagues and from my company.

Please find below how i did it.

1. I read all the core Chapters (slowly), understand the base and prepared notes (highlighted) along with it. [ It took most of my time]

2. Extract the key terms, methods, values and tables from my note. Reviewed it again chapter-wise. After that, i started working with Cory and Steve questions (per chapter more than twenty-thirty times). [ It helps me to remember the values and namings]

3. Read the non core chapters, understand the base and understand the key terms. Make notes. Go through the cory n steve questions. [ because of time shortage, i did cory and steve around 10 times (only) per chapters].

4. During all of the above steps i was updating my notes, correlated all the chapters values, namings.

5. Two weeks before, i have started my revision.

6. Then one week before, i started doing cory and steve total (100) questions three times.

Finally before two days i started reviewing my notes only. If any doubt, i will review the TDMM again.

I hope that my tips will be usefull for someone.

Sincerely
Jesbin AJ

JESBIN
Post #10171
Posted Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:49 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Saturday, May 06, 2017 3:09 PM
That is excellent new! Congratulations!!

I was wondering, do you feel like if a person scores well on the coryandsteve.com quizzes that they would have a high probability of passing or will it take much more than that?

Thanks.
Post #10172
Posted Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:55 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Cory and Steve will definitely help but the application questions
are the wild card. They are long and rambling and cover multiple chapters.
Maybe do not give enough information to formulate an answer.

I have talked to many a student that was frustrated by them,
including myself for the ESS and DCDC exams.
Post #10173
Posted Saturday, February 27, 2016 2:34 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Saturday, May 06, 2017 3:09 PM
Do you have an idea of what percentage of the questions are application vs knowledge?
Post #10174
Posted Sunday, February 28, 2016 6:58 AM

Forum Guru

This is from another post on the Forum

Hi Simon,

The test format is 50% knowledge based and 50% application based. So for half the time it is very straight forward one fact answers. The application based questions are a different matter! There will be a scenario with all kinds of info thrown in there, and based on several factors you have to stump out the answer. It requires a good knowledge of things, rather than just the factual side.

One word of warning though, with the exception of a few of the homework questions, you will not have seen anything like these application questions before. They can really throw you, and watch out for typo's and incorrect info in the questions. Example: I had a question that had an incorrect conversion of Feet to Meters in it. You have a page at the front to contest questions for various reasons. Use it.

Regards,

Craig
Post #10175
Posted Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Hi,

Cory n steve will help you to remember the values and terms. In my case, my notes helped me the most.

Sincerely
Jesbin AJ

JESBIN
Post #10176
Posted Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:18 AM
Forum Newbie

Dear,

There is no percentage for application based questions. It depends on the chapter basis. In my case i feel that too many questions are application based questions. As Mr.dwlester said, its 50-50.

Sincerely
Jesbin AJ

JESBIN
Post #10177
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

123»»»

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:20am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ