RCDD exam preperation
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««34567»»

RCDD exam preperationExpand / Collapse
Author
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:38 PM
All the Document Templates (with examples) you will need to manage your Project successfully!!
Designed for IT systems development & implementation, but can be adapted for other Projects.

Download the Templates free at the download-links below (you will have to complete a short survey for each download):

Master Record Index - Click Here
Project Charter - Click Here
Project Schedule - Click Here
Project Costing - Click Here
Risk Register - Click Here
Project Issue Log - Click Here
Project Action List - Click Here
Change Request Master - Click Here
Change Request Form - Click Here
Project Progress Report - Click Here
Meeting Agenda - Click Here
Deliverable Acceptance Certificate - Click Here
Test Plan - Click Here
Test Case - Click Here
User Requirements Specification - Click Here
Functional Specification - Click Here
Business Process Definition - Click Here
Gap Analysis - Click Here

Project Charter -http://getmyfile.org/file/0r79j4
Project Schedule - http://downloadconfirm.net/file/0r79j5
Project Costing - http://downloadwho.com/file/0r79J1
Post #8425
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:47 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:43 PM
Training with CETNet vs. BICSI?

The training from CETNet is around $1,000 and the training direct from BICSI (DD102) is around $1,900 (NOT including the ITS Design Fundamentals Program classes...this adds another $1,000). The training from BICSI is 6 days instead of the 3 days from CETNet. In a solicitation from CETNet, the gal said that "Our rate stands at 54 to 61% but we have had as high as 98%. BICSI stands at 28% and if you do it on your own it is 7%." I'm not sure I believe this and have no way of substantiating this claim. CETNet has been highly recommended here so that is the only reason I've asked.

Along with the higher price from BICSI, is an additional three days-off and I have to travel across the country (for me at least). The CETNet training is local to my hometown.

So the costs are (estimates) $1,000 for CETNet vs. around $3,500-4,500 for BICSI (ITS Design, DD102, missed work, travel, hotel, etc.).
I can only take one or the other.

Is the BICSI one really that much better and what about the claim from the CETNet rep? Suggestions and Comments?
Post #8638
Posted Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:37 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:14 AM
Can anyone provide an actual pass / fail percentage rate on the RCCD exam from Bicsi? It seems to be a clandestine world when it comes to simple answers! I assume that if the % is exceptionally low it would effect their sales regarding the testing and that is why they would not publicize it. On the other hand if it was high it would be in their best interest. Bicsi needs to become more open to its members. They are what makes it survive as a business in these hard times ..

DoubleD
Post #8656
Posted Friday, August 16, 2013 11:36 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:04 AM
I think the passing rate should be available to the members.

It shouldn't be a secret.

I would contact your BICSI Board of Directors for more information(see link below)

After all they work for us, the members.

https://www.bicsi.org/single.aspx?l=1140

Post #8659
Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:19 PM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:04 AM
Here are the stats that Tony Whaley presented in Orlando this year:

TOTAL OF THE PAST CALANDER YEAR

268 Have taken RCDD exam
108 Have Passed 40 %

27 Have taken RITP exam
8 Have Passed 30 %

46 Have taken RTPM exam
37 Have Passed 80 %

19 Have taken OSP exam
1 Have Passed 5 %

38 Have taken Data Center exam
17 Have Passed 45 %

28 Have taken ESS exam
16 Have Passed 57 %

6 Have taken NTS exam
4 Have Passed 67%

5 Have taken WD exam
1 Have Passed 20%
Post #8686
Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:26 PM
Forum Newbie

Wow, is all I can say...my chin hit the ground on those stats.........oh well, now that's cleared up thank you very much for providing myself and others in knowing exactly what we or I am up against.

Information regarding the new 13th Edition and the current 12th Edition stated below.. he is answering my question, so please roll with it and take out the pertinent information, dates etc..

To further elaborate, the new curriculum and exam for the TDMM 13th edition is targeted for the April-May 2014 timeframe.

The new manual will be released on January 1, 2014. This will give you 3-4 months to study for the new exam, unless you choose to take the exam later on, because the 13th edition and exam will then be active for 3 years after January 1, 2014.

Since the 12th edition is still active until January 1, 2014, should you so choose, if you purchase the 12th edition now, you will have approximately 8 months to study for the 12th edition exam

DoubleD

Post #8692
Posted Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:13 AM
Forum Guru

Last Login: Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:22 AM
The post statistics seem reasonable with the exception of the OSP exam. I wonder why the passing rate is so low?

To all the people asking about this class over that class and quick ways to study, there is no one answer but this: YOU MUST STUDY AND KNOW ALL THE MATERIAL

I took the CET class, I studied for 6 months, 2-3 hours a night, more when I could. My wife thought studying was turning into a second job. If you cannot spend the time and effort to study, then save your money. It takes a lot of dedication to get any of the credentials.

I wish everyone luck.

Christopher S. Hobbs, RCDD, RTPM
Post #8698
Posted Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:26 PM
Forum Newbie

The statistics are poor , to below average at best overall; with the exception of the RITP's 80% ; sorry to disagree with you.. The statement that you must apply yourself studying 2-3 hours every night as if preparing for a bar exam is right on the button and I could not agree with you more.. I believe that is the best piece of advice I have heard so far.. I was told if you going to make your living out of it why wouldn't you apply yourself, like nothing else mattered..Credentials are a must in the workplace nowadays with so much of the competition in the industry..Just an opinion ..

DoubleD
Post #8703
Posted Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:24 PM
OK so here I am after actually failing today. Pretty bummed but not at all ready to quit:

Here is what I can say to future test takers<

I have been to a 1 week class "BICSI" and a 1 week class Private instructor. the material covered was awesome! I studied "everyday" literally for months. I scored 100% in the hardest core chapters and 75 or above for many of the others. the one chapter I sukd at was Health care. I did online practice test @CnSteve passing with 80-90 percent on all the practice quizzes.

The test questions I guarantee knew the majority but the "applications" questions got me. Overall I know I need to focus and retake this ASAP

good luck to all who try this test 

Aloha

Post #8775
Posted Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:08 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 24, 2014 8:04 PM
I'm betting a slightly used TDMM with existing highlighted portions would bring a decent payday for the seller ; )
Study study study - then study some more. Good Luck !

John White INSTC - INSTF
BICSI 245169
Post #8924
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««34567»»

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:41pm

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ