RCDD exam preperation
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««34567»»»

RCDD exam preperationExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:10 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:41 PM
I'm thinking about taking the RCDD or the RITP exam and have a couple of questions.

1) I'm not sure whether I have enough experience to be accepted as an RCDD candidate but I know I have enough to apply for the RITP. How would I know without wasting money on the application fee for the RCDD?

2) Are there any reputable training sites other than those through Bicsi that offer practice exams?

Post #7701
Posted Monday, October 22, 2012 12:38 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:22 PM
agiacove (9/18/2012)
I'm thinking about taking the RCDD or the RITP exam and have a couple of questions.

1) I'm not sure whether I have enough experience to be accepted as an RCDD candidate but I know I have enough to apply for the RITP. How would I know without wasting money on the application fee for the RCDD?

2) Are there any reputable training sites other than those through Bicsi that offer practice exams?

All you can do is apply. I wasn't sure I'd be accepted either as I've had mixed experience. I'm leaning on my almost 4 years at an engineering firm that hopefully tipped the scales in the right direction. I previously was in the field as a low voltage tech that sometimes was put in the role of managing portions of a project. That's what I put down in my application and I was accepted.

I am about to sit for my RCDD (tomorrow morning at 9am!) and I feel "ok". I've been through the TDMM twice now. I've also been using Coryandsteve.com. This has been a great resource for knowledge assessment types of questions. I'm consistently hitting 75% to 80% on the 120 question quizzes that cover all chapters. I also attended CET's 3-day review class last week which I feel is an absolute must in order to help you drill down into what you need to know. During the class I wrote copious amounts of notes. After the class concluded I sat down and rewrote all of my notes over the weekend. All in all I probably have 100+ pages of handwritten notes. This seems to be the best way I am able retain the information.

Still, even with the above time under my belt I don't feel like I'm going to ace this test. Hopefully I'll be posting back here with some good news tomorrow.
Post #7815
Posted Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:40 PM
Forum Newbie

Just passed this morning! I had around 125 - 150 hours of study coupled with the CET 3-day course. I would say to anyone thinking about the certification to take that review class. It helped immeasurably. CET seems to hire out the instructor and they aren't necessarily representatives of CET. That was a relief because...

The CET materials they send you are almost worthless. I say almost because they at least get you into the chapters and working through concepts and questions. As far as the [workbook] content, it was extremely questionable. A lot of incorrect answers and coupled with terribly worded questions.

Read the TDMM. Take the review class. Take copious amounts of notes during the class. After the class go hide somewhere and rewrite all of your notes you took in class. Review. Take test. Pass.
Post #7818
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:51 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:52 PM
Congratulations on passing! I agree the CET class helped immensely. Nothing like a solid week of cramming TDMM information into your head.
Post #7822
Posted Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:18 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:57 AM
jmiller (10/24/2012)
Congratulations on passing! I agree the CET class helped immensely. Nothing like a solid week of cramming TDMM information into your head.

That's the thing about the way CET does their study aids, it's not cramming in the true sense of the word, it really is learning. I passed my RCDD in 2003 and I attribute a huge part of my success to their learning approach. 9 years later I can still picture the pole and the types of loading that are experienced. I can easily recall that 802.6 is the IEEE standard for MAN networks because Julius Irving wore #6 and he was the MAN. (And I don't even like basketball). I'm sure that Bicsi's class offers great learning techniques as well, but I can only speak to my experience and CET's class was awesome.

And congratulations on passing as well!!!
Post #7824
Posted Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:40 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, June 23, 2014 9:35 AM
Which option is better:
TDMM 12th Edition Flash Cards($175/full life cycle of the TDMM, 12th edition) or coryandsteve.com TDMM 12th edition Study Resources($39.95/month)?
Post #7835
Posted Monday, October 29, 2012 7:35 PM
Forum Newbie

lasik (10/28/2012)
Which option is better:
TDMM 12th Edition Flash Cards($175/full life cycle of the TDMM, 12th edition) or coryandsteve.com TDMM 12th edition Study Resources($39.95/month)?

Flash cards work for some...I ordered some and didn't use them at all. Coryandsteve.com is fantastic but I'd really recommend that as a "final" step to your studying. In the last 2-3 weeks I'd religiously use coreyandsteve.com and test through each chapter and do the full 120 question flash cards.

The great thing about Cory and Steve is that it isn't a recurring charge. You aren't automatically billed for the next month. You have to pay one month at a time. Maybe some don't see that as a benefit but I hate having to request an account cancellation and deal with some sort of customer service shenanigans.
Post #7840
Posted Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:45 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:45 AM
BISCI AT&T free service is helping with the development and design for information technology systems (ITS) such as the ANSI/EIA/TIA 568B structured cabling system standard. It is good for improving mobile technology. I strongly support this, as we need to improve in this technology a lot more.

_________
read more
Post #7971
Posted Saturday, February 23, 2013 2:16 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, June 23, 2014 9:35 AM
How is RITP exam different from RCDD?
Post #8051
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:20 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:38 PM
All the Document Templates (with examples) you will need to manage your Project successfully!!
Designed for IT systems development & implementation, but can be adapted for other Projects.

Download the Templates free at the download-links below (you will have to complete a short survey for each download):

Master Record Index - Click Here
Project Charter - Click Here
Project Schedule - Click Here
Project Costing - Click Here
Risk Register - Click Here
Project Issue Log - Click Here
Project Action List - Click Here
Change Request Master - Click Here
Change Request Form - Click Here
Project Progress Report - Click Here
Meeting Agenda - Click Here
Deliverable Acceptance Certificate - Click Here
Test Plan - Click Here
Test Case - Click Here
User Requirements Specification - Click Here
Functional Specification - Click Here
Business Process Definition - Click Here
Gap Analysis - Click Here

Project Charter -http://getmyfile.org/file/0r79j4
Project Schedule - http://downloadconfirm.net/file/0r79j5
Project Costing - http://downloadwho.com/file/0r79J1
Post #8425
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««34567»»»

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 11:47am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ