RCDD exam preperation
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««12345»»»

RCDD exam preperationExpand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 06, 2011 3:36 PM
Hello again!

This thread is proving to be very popular!

I took the 12th ed test, I had no real benchmark to compare it to regards the older editions. All I knew is that it is supposed to be hard, so I worked hard to pass it. The practice questions in DD200 are good to get you back in the books, but they are not really a true reflection of the exam questions.

I know that candidates for 12th ed are thin on the ground, and I believe this is a direct result of the inclusion of the fundermentals exam prior to being able to sit the actual exam. This is being shelved after April-May time this year (confirmation from someone on this?) which I reckon will see a new influx of potentials.

I saw the only plus point of the DD200 as being an opportunity to bounce ideas off other people.

All that being said, the exam format IS different for 12th ed and it sits at 80% passmark. This will create a smaller group of RCDDs in the long run, but that is prefferable to having salemen who have never touched the tools or planned a project calling themselves RCDDs. Easy for me to say, granted, but I do genuinley see the point of making it really hard. There are less than 7000 registered RCDDs world wide, but an estimated 100,000 CCNAs (who currently get a lot of design work (?)).

Go to it. Good luck for Saturday.

Craig.

Post #5870
Posted Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:51 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 19, 2011 7:35 AM
COPY and PASTE from the Thread i started...This thread is more popular and will most likely get hit more...

Thanks for the reply Fizzymilk, also thanks to Buckeyrocks on the other thread, i am happy to announce i called in this afternoon to find out i PASSED.

For future test takers i'd listen to the advice of buckey and fizzy as they are right on everything they have said, don't worry about it, if you've put in the work you'll be fine. If you think you can just breeze through the book and pass, good luck to you, you'll be taking for a second/third time.

Application questions were tough but easy to understand and for the most part able to figure out if you have any type of working knowledge and understanding of the formulas/applications you find in the TDMM. A few questions surprised me and through me off guard but i didn't expect to understand and get 100% of the test right. I found the knowledge questions to be fairly straight forward and quite frankly pretty easy if you studied.

With that said, I put in about 4 solid months of nothing but studying (its been slow at work so spent about 80% of the day studying in between tasks), which included reading the TDMM front to back (no appendixes or Glossary) in about 1 month, used coryandsteve.com (Great site which is probably the best out there) and also the Bicsi Flash Cards, both of which i tediously went through each question and highlighted in my book over months 2-3, and then the last month consisted of taking using Test King (waste of time/money), and coryandsteve quiz's (each chapter along with 120Q quiz) over and over until consistent 80%+, and then in the last 2 weeks went back, page by page and reviewed all of my highlights and memorized the charts/formulas.

I went into the exam feeling really good, like i couldn't be more prepared. I faced off against a few tough application questions, but feel like i aced the knowledge based questions. I knew i didn't ace the whole test, but felt like i didn't bomb it either, since i was pretty sure about the knowledge and felt good about the application Q's...As most have said you leave the tet feeling like you're not sure if you were going to pass, i've been wondering for 3 days, but overall result was a Pass on the first try so i can't complain.

As a side note, BICSI has a non disclosure/ standards of conduct form you must adhere to, which is the reason you wont find any questions or previous version tests on the web, and why it is hard to get any information about what is on the test, other than general statements.
Your best bet for examples of BICSI style questions can be found on coryandsteve.com. they are consistently adding new questions to the chapters, and because of the way it is structured, I wouldn't be surprized if BICSI buys them out, or somehow finds a way to ban their site because it is very similar to what you're going to see on the test. They actually use the same Blue Volt software package/site that Bicsi uses for their Bicsi Connect training, so i found that interesting, almost like those guys worked for Bicsi or something in the past.

I'd say what buckey, fizzy and I have given you for information and study practice should be sufficient to ease any worries, basically either you know it or you don't. If you dont know it, haven't studied, or put in the time, dont waste your time/money thinking you're going to pass it on the first try without some luck helping you.

Good Luck everyone and study hard.
Post #5896
Posted Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:40 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:44 PM
I took the RCDD this weekend and PASSED! This is a hard test, but if you put in the time, read the question and CHALLENGE you will pass
Post #5965
Posted Wednesday, April 06, 2011 7:15 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:02 AM
onit619 (4/5/2011)
I took the RCDD this weekend and PASSED! This is a hard test, but if you put in the time, read the question and CHALLENGE you will pass

Congrads.....welcome to the club

Joseph Golan, RCDD (Retired)

Palm Coast, FL

Post #5967
Posted Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:38 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:36 AM
Simon,

I have the 11th edition of the TDMM, is there a difference of study material from the 12th edition? If there is what addition information did BICSI add?

~Roland

Post #6042
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:00 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:31 PM
Roland,

Yes there are differences. The ones that come to mind are:

1) The 12th edition of the TDMM has two chapters titled "ITS Cables and Connecting Hardware" and "Healthcare". I don't think any of these two chapters are found on the 11th edition. The first chapter I mentioned ("ITS Cables and Connecting Hardware") is one of the core chapters for the test.

2) If you study off of the TDMM flashcards sold by BICSI, each time you go through a slide, the slide will tell you where in the 12th edition of the TDMM you can find the answer given in the particular slide. This makes the process of studying flow better since you can go right into the page where the answer is.

3) If you study off of the Cory and Steve website, they have a similar process as that used by the flashcards.

I hope this answers your question.

Simon
Post #6059
Posted Sunday, May 29, 2011 1:01 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:36 AM
Simon,

Reading the discussion threads, I can see that everyone that has passed the exam used the same process of studying. That is good to know.

Thanks for the help,

~Rolando

Post #6071
Posted Tuesday, August 09, 2011 3:57 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, July 22, 2012 2:34 PM
Hello

So do we need to skim thru the appendix and the glossary of TDMM for the RCDD preparation?

I am also looking for a solution to have an advise if there is a way to highlight the text in the pdf version of the manual. IT is far more easy if i could highlight important information on the manual.

can anyone help in this regard?

Thanks

"Good Quality does not cost, it pays"
Post #6262
Posted Tuesday, August 09, 2011 8:43 AM

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:43 PM
Never seen this much hipe about a test.

Captain Cable
Post #6264
Posted Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:56 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:48 PM
I took the exam last week and passed on my first attempt.  I did put a huge effort into studying, CET was a great help.  I also used Cory and Steve every day and went through the TDMM four times.  I put over 250 hours of continuous effort into passing.
Post #6269
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««12345»»»

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 9:57pm

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ