RCDD exam preperation
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12345»»»

RCDD exam preperationExpand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 06, 2011 3:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I thought I would go ahead and put down my own secrets for success for this exam for any future candidates. Be warned before going any further, it takes work and effort. From you. I started studying in April 2010 and finished the day before my exam in February 2011. Granted I did have a few days off, but not many!

Here is what I did:

Took the modules for the fundamentals exam(1 per month) making sure to write every slide down and understand it. I did not have the TDMMs at this point, so it was google who helped me fill in any areas of uncertainty.

Take the fundamentals exam, then buy the TDMMs

Read each core chapter in turn. Just read them, don't try to understand everything, just get used to the language and the basic principles. Every core chapter. This takes some time, but aim to have read them all by the time you do the DD102 course.

Do the DD102 course, using it to raise any simple misunderstandings or misinterpretations with the instructor.

When the course is finished, take chapter 1 and reread it, highlighting what you think are the most important parts. This does not mean every paragraph from every page. You should understand what any paragraph is saying, you are just picking out the best most important parts. Once finished highlighting chapter 1, get a pen and a pad, and write it all down in a logical way that makes sense to you. If you have to reword certain bits; fine. Just as long as you don't alter the facts. Read what you have written down.

Repeat with all core chapters. This. Takes. weeks. If you are not doing 2 hours a day, you are not going at it hard enough. There is some serious material to cover and understand here! You should end up with 250+ pages of written notes (well thats what I had)

Repeat with non-core and appendixes but at this point I would suggest being being more selective with what you think is important. Remember 85% comes from the core chapters. They are what you really need to know.

Mix in with this some CoryandSteve.com during the month running up to your DD200 and exam.

Go on DD200 when all that is complete. What you should find is that what the course suggests you highlight, you have already highlighted (is that even a word?).

On DD200 use the home work as an excuse to revisit stuff you thought you knew. (your head gets a little cloudy at this point)

There is no correct way to put this. You have to let the concept of RCDD consume you and become you! It is after all a globally recognised status. It should be elusive and only awarded to those who put the effort it. I did pass on my first attempt, but that is because I fully prepared for it. I was convinced I had failed, but that is a perfectly natural feeling I am told. After so much effort being unable to confidently answer a question in front of you does knock your confidence, and I had quite a few of those moments!

If you are going to do this, do it right. Give yourself 9 months to a year, start to finish and get it smashed!

Regards,

Craig Buckingham

Post #5802
Posted Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:05 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:31 PM
Craig,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm thinking about taking the test, and I'm curious as to what you think the format of the questions was like on the test. I understand that the format drastically changed and is now more geared towards application based questions. Can you comment on this.

I took the DD200 class in January and I have the student guide you get at the class. How do the tests in this guide compare to the actual test and how do the homework questions compare to the tests?

Thanks in advance for any comments you can make on this.

Simon
Post #5817
Posted Friday, February 25, 2011 11:02 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, September 14, 2015 5:44 PM
good write up!
Post #5818
Posted Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:02 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, October 06, 2011 3:36 PM
Hi Simon,

The test format is 50% knowledge based and 50% application based. So for half the time it is very straight forward one fact answers. The application based questions are a different matter! There will be a scenario with all kinds of info thrown in there, and based on several factors you have to stump out the answer. It requires a good knowledge of things, rather than just the factual side.

One word of warning though, with the exception of a few of the homework questions, you will not have seen anything like these application questions before. They can really throw you, and watch out for typo's and incorrect info in the questions. Example: I had a question that had an incorrect conversion of Feet to Meters in it. You have a page at the front to contest questions for various reasons. Use it.

Regards,

Craig

Post #5834
Posted Monday, March 07, 2011 12:29 PM

Craig,

Thanks for the response. I think your review is very helpful.

Simon
Post #5836
Posted Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:28 PM

Last Login: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:16 PM
Anybody taken the 12th Edition TDMM RCDD Test ? What is the pass / fail rate for the new format of testing. It almost seems the BICSI is closing ranks with this extremely difficult new format of testing on the 12th Edition. Let's face it; the less their are the more in demand and the higher the $$$$ salary...... Just a thought, People who took this test 5 years ago could never pass the current based on what I see and currently meet in the industry...Half of them have no idea of whats on the TDMMs these days.  Not saying all but, quite a few. All I would say to BICSI is lets keep it realist to what a single individual can attain .... It seems excessive, and their no one can remember it all day in and day out.....................
Post #5845
Posted Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:06 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:44 PM
This is a very tuff test!

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has done the DD200 and has found it helpful to pass this beast of a test. I have took the 12th edition once and did not pass, but everytime I sign up for the class it gets cancelled.

Post #5850
Posted Monday, March 14, 2011 7:11 AM

Last Login: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:16 PM
See this 12 Edition is something..different.  I now wish I took this test several years ago when it was average not a bar exam
Post #5851
Posted Monday, March 14, 2011 1:40 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:44 PM
No doubt!
Post #5854
Posted Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:46 AM

Any you guys taking the test, Have you checked the flash cards sold by BICSI? If you haven't taken the DD200 course or even if you have I suggest you look into it. I just bought them and I think they are a very useful way of studying. They also have been created by BICSI so in a sense they are telling you what to study for the test; just as they do in the DD200 class
Post #5858
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345»»»

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:40pm

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ