Discussion of BICSI Instructors
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Discussion of BICSI InstructorsExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:40 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 6:49 PM
I thought we needed somewhere on here to talk about these instructors.  I have had nothing but good experiences.  I have had the recent pleasure of attending classes by Betty Bezos and Janice Booth.  These two women have extraordinary knowledge of the industry.  Betty's class was on campus in Tampa,  she would take time to explain anything.  She delivered the content in a way that everyone in the class could understand, reguardless of their background.  Jan's class was in St Louis.  Jan has been in the real world of communications and understands the difference between the "BICSI way" and how it will most likely end up.  Jan stayed after class with us any night we wanted to get more explaination on any topic.  Most of all Jan's personality brought something to the class that can not be described.  I think we need to be more supportive of these instructors and give them credit where it is due.

Ryan Hall, RCDD (thanks to these two great instructors)

Morrissey Engineering, Omaha, NE

Ryan Hall, RCDD
ryanheathhall@ymail.com

Post #423
Posted Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:50 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, April 29, 2012 7:25 AM
I would also like to give a shout out to John Adams, another great instructor.........
Post #424
Posted Friday, January 25, 2008 1:00 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, July 28, 2008 12:41 PM
Here's another shout for John Adams.  I took the RCDD review class from him and not only did he know his stuff, he was very helpful when I needed to make a quick run to the doctor one afternoon and he filled me in on what I missed in class.  He helped me very much and I would still be a Technician if not for him.  He also is a down to earth guy and knows what works in the real world and what only works on blueprints.  My working buddy says Bruce Nardone(sp?) is also a good teacher, at least what he knows from the technician class.

RCDD Grunt
Just pull it Tight and Punch it down!!
Post #468
Posted Wednesday, February 06, 2008 12:33 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:28 PM
My first Bicsi course was taught by Chuck Lohrman who was fantastic. Since that time, I have worked on a few committees with the likes of John Adams, Vic Phillips, Bob Erickson and Phil Klingensmith. All of whom are very knowledgeable. A great bunch of fellows who take the time to help students understand the industry. Thanks to all these guys.
Post #544
Posted Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:09 AM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:47 AM
I have taken two courses from Don Nelson: RCDD Exam Prep and Wireless Design; I thought he did an excellent job at both. I would highly recommend any of his courses. I am looking forward to taking one of his project management courses, but haven't found the time yet.

Doug

Doug Weis, RCDD, ESS

doug.weis@hei-eng.com

Post #548
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:56 PM
Forum Guru

Last Login: Monday, June 18, 2012 3:35 PM
I also want to thank Scott Smith and Vic Phillips as I learned allot from these guys while taking the DD102 class.

Don Nelson is great and has surperb project management knowledge.  I learrned the project management principles through him in taking the PM125 and PM122 courses.

I just recently took the OSP110 course with Chuck Lohrman and his knowledge of the industry has helped me tremendously.

If you want to learn grounding and bonding then I recommend an expert Ken Michaels!  Ken gave me the added knowledge needed to pass my RCDD exam.

Last but not least is Ray Craig!  I've taken multiple classes or course from him.  Ray has motivated me in many ways in his treaching methods.  He has always been available when needed.  I can call this guy in a momment notice with any concern with a code or issue.

I want to thank all the instructors for doing what they do!

Thanks again,

Ron Leger, RCDD, TPM/OSP-PM, CFOS/I

Thanks,

Ron Leger, RCDD/OSP/ESS/RTPM(i)

Post #756
Posted Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:17 AM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:35 AM
Just like Ron, I want to mention Don.

Capt. Don Nelson has a brilliant course on Project Management.  Took the PM125 with Capt. Don and was amazed by the presentation and his delivery of the subject matter.  I was pleased to see content about Marine Corps leadership and would recommend taking this course with Capt. Don.

BICSI Instructors are outstanding and I look forward to future courses.

Kevin J

A picture is worth a thousand words. 

Post #2150
Posted Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:27 AM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Monday, December 29, 2014 4:44 PM
Great praise by all.  Seconded by me as well.

SUGGESTIONS:

1. I'd like to encourage some of the Subject Matter Experts (SME) /Master Instructors to more actively participate in these forums, as their time permits !

John, Don, Vic and Ray used to be very active in the historical forums.  Their insight, or setting the record straight,  was always helpful and thought provoking.

2. Would be desirable to consider having some or all of them be forum moderators. 

3. Maybe SME encourage the newbe's to BICSI classes ---> to post the notable questions for each course they teach?  Great for public dialog and greater knowledge sharing. 

4. Maybe a "SME question of the month" by each - here on the forum boards ?

5. Maybe have each them put a photo (avatar) in their profile - so that newbe's (and us old-be's) can approach them at conferences and regional meetings and get to know them personally, or a bio of sorts with there expertise areas and experiences.  Even I do not know all of them and I've been a member for almost 20 years.

6. Might even be a upcoming  BICSI news article - a profile of each ?

Per the Job description of SME/MI, participation in the forum boards seems in keeping with the general intent of the job:

http://careers.its-jobs.com/jobdetail.cfm?job=2997223

-- Supports and promotes BICSI programming and services

-- Responds promptly to miscellaneous member and nonmember inquires, via telephone, email or other such appropriate method

-- Maintains awareness of member needs/concerns

--  Performs other duties as assigned.

Just my 25 cents.

Again - thanks SME/MI's !!!

Regards - Todd Taylor, RCDD/OSP

Post #2152
Posted Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:05 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:55 AM

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Colin Snook from Wales who was very encouraging and supportive. I took the RCDD exam preparation class with him in Dubai.
One of the greatest instructors I had.

All the best to him and his family and to all the great Bicsi instructors.

Great post!

M.B. Elmadhoun, RCDD

Post #2158
Posted Friday, November 07, 2008 7:40 AM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:35 AM
You can see some of these BICSI Master Instructors in the Professional Development Catalog and some of their photos appear in the link below.  Follow link then click on "BICSI Master Instructors."

https://www.bicsi.org/training_education.aspx

Kevin J

A picture is worth a thousand words. 

Post #2189
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 2:51am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ