BICSI What does it mean?
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

BICSI What does it mean?Expand / Collapse
Author

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:08 PM
I'm asked many times a week what does BICSI mean?  Some say they have gone to bicsi.org for an answer.  If you dig long and deep enough you will find an answer.  Why does BICSI make it so hard to find the meaning of B.I.C.S.I.?  When you Google BICSI there isn't an answer, probably because BICSI doesn't display it's true name for the public.  Why?  I can call up any other service in the world (or at least the ones I know) and find out what they are and who they are, BICSI doesn't.  Why?

Looking in the manuals, you would think that would be one of the first things you would find, No, in some of the manuals from BICSI I have done a search for the BICSI spelled out and found nothing.  Why?

Just incase some of you are not part of BICSI and were wondering what the letters were for, you can go to BICSI public home page click on the HOME tab/OUR STORY then click on BICSI History and on the left column third paragraph last phrase.  I did find it one other time in the ITSIM forth edition and the TDMM tenth edition.  Otherwise it seems to be a very guarded secret.  Why?

BICSI:  Building Industry Consulting Service International

My thought is that it should be displayed "PROUDLY" on every page and document.  Why not?

Dave

Post #3229
Posted Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:07 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:00 PM
As far I was told by J.warmkee arond 12 years ago the board of directors decided NOT to use loger the full name -marketing, branding, confusing with construction industry?- it is not just clear, how ever in other languages different from English , the meaning is quite funny ,

I agree with you we -as members- must know what the acronym stands for. Then we will be able to explain to those outside our community how we have evolved since those early days.

saludos

roberto sanchez,RCDD
Perfil Activo y Creativo, S.A. de C.V.
México
Post #3231
Posted Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:00 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Monday, June 17, 2013 7:48 PM
I just did a google search on "what does bicsi stand for". http://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1T4GGLJ_enAU248AU248&hl=en&q=what+does+bicsi+stand+for&meta=lr%3Dlang_en&aq=f&oq=

The first hit had it there to see.

Also, I just went to the BICSI.org website, found the faq link (it is a them bottom of the page), clicked it and the first line shows what BICSI stands for.

Don't get me wrong, I have searched on some websites forever and not been able to find what I wanted and then someone just points it out to you right there staring you in the face.

Post #3235
Posted Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:48 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Sunday, April 27, 2014 5:31 PM
I took the RCDD in 1999 and the meaning of B.I.C.S.I. this was one of the questions.
Post #3236
Posted Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:20 PM

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:08 PM
Thanks for the info, I didn't know the board of directors decided to make the full name of BICSI a sideline  :-)

No, I didn't search the full sentence online, just BICSI, which means out of the millions of finds, the answer was there all the time.  :-)

The becomes an issue when your employer doesn't believe in you nor BICSI and your only a couple years away from full retirement, just can't throwaway 30 years of work and he knows that.  It's difficult when he goes to the website and can't find what you told him.  In my case this supervisor is always looking for anything to put anyone in their place.  After all he fired an RCDD for proposing something he didn't want.  The supervisor's request would not/could not work, and the proposal was one option that would work.  :-(

Thinking about it, maybe it's time to look at a word change for B.I.C.S.I. to better fit today's world??  ;-)

Dave

1 year, 10 months, 5 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes, 15 seconds to retirement, not that I'm counting or anything 

Post #3241
Posted Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:54 PM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:06 AM
Here is a good article from Cabling Installation on the origin.

I believe the "International" came from the partnering of AT&T

and Bell Canada.

Post Attachments 
pennwell.pdf (17 views, 134.13 KB)

Post #3245
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:38am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ