Non Members in Forum
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Non Members in ForumExpand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:58 AM
If I remember right, the earlier forum was available for BICSI Members only.  However now, any one who registers can add/reply/comment.  This means that non-professionals too could get involved even anonymously.  Would this have any effect on the integrity on the posts and comments.  This is just a thought that occurred when browsing the forum.  Any comments are welcome please.
Post #2235
Posted Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:30 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:35 AM
Let's be candid about what you're question is - of the effect on integrity for posts and comments.

Kevin J

A picture is worth a thousand words. 

Post #2236
Posted Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:42 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

How about adding a new feature to the user's profile?  Something that helps viewers see who the professionals are.  I would recommend adding the user's BICSI credentials.

Kevin J

Post #2237
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 12:20 PM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:35 PM
Is the assertion that if you are not a BICSI member, you are not a professional?

If the forum was locked, I would not be able to respond to questions and help folks out.

Kind regards

Adrian Young
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Fluke Networks Technical Assistance Center

You can test short Cat 6A links, if you've installed the right connector. This video explains why.

Post #2240
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 12:41 PM

Forum Guru

Hi Adrian - I was wondering who would raise this point.  There is much to be said on this topic and I would like to thank "Auspex" for the post.  I look forward to viewing other posts for this topic.

Kevin J

Post #2241
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 1:43 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:58 AM
I believe the post was misunderstood.  I hope you would agree that most readers tend to accept the opinions in the forum as they are assumed to be from professionals as previously it was confined to BICSI members.  Thats what I was trying to say.  Absolutely no disrespect (direct or implied), made to any nonmember or non-professional.  I really do apologise if I had caused any offence to anyone.
Post #2243
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 5:37 PM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:02 AM
Auspex (11/16/2008)
If I remember right, the earlier forum was available for BICSI Members only.  However now, any one who registers can add/reply/comment.  This means that non-professionals too could get involved even anonymously.  Would this have any effect on the integrity on the posts and comments.  This is just a thought that occurred when browsing the forum.  Any comments are welcome please.

Auspex,

Like any other forum or newsgroup, the information being supplied is the opinion of the writer, it comes with no warranties. The reader should verify all supplied info and treat responses accordingly. I for one, as well as many others, are proud of their credentials and sign their name accordingly. The integrity of any post should be taken with keeping in mind who the responder is. Just because someone knows how to type doesn't mean that they are an expert.

Adrian,

I have known your writings and responses for many years now and they are always welcomed here from my point of view. Your expertise, willingness to participate on this forum and open mindedness is one of the things that keep me coming back.

Joseph Golan, RCDD (Retired)

Palm Coast, FL

Post #2248
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 8:28 PM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:35 PM
Auspex (11/17/2008)
I believe the post was misunderstood.  I hope you would agree that most readers tend to accept the opinions in the forum as they are assumed to be from professionals as previously it was confined to BICSI members.  Thats what I was trying to say.  Absolutely no disrespect (direct or implied), made to any nonmember or non-professional.  I really do apologise if I had caused any offence to anyone.

No need to apologize. You asked a valid question and I may have been overly sensitive. The nice thing about this forum is that there are enough viewers (with it being open and free) that if someone would to make an incorrect statement, there are ten times as many people standing by to flame the individual - although that rarely happens.

Kind regards

Adrian Young
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Fluke Networks Technical Assistance Center

You can test short Cat 6A links, if you've installed the right connector. This video explains why.

Post #2249
Posted Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:17 AM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:47 AM
FNET-TAC (11/17/2008)
If the forum was locked, I would not be able to respond to questions and help folks out.

Adrian,

I'm in favor of the open forum, but what would be great from BICSI's point of view is for you to become a member!

Doug Weis, RCDD, ESS

doug.weis@hei-eng.com

Post #2253
Posted Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:22 AM

Forum Guru

Last Login: Monday, October 31, 2016 11:36 AM
I agree! there are enough people around to point out an inacuracy. Besides you shouldn't be taking anything on a message board at face value. It for me is a good starting place for a lot of my research. People makes mistakes, are biased and sometime are just misinformed. It is our responsibility to gather as much information as we can and make our own descision, and perhaps to even pass it on.
Post #2255
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:51pm

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ