Technician Skip-level
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Technician Skip-levelExpand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:03 PM
I have been doing some self-studying for the Technician exam. I do not hold the Installer certificates. Are there flashcards anywhere that BICSI has that will help with the written exam portion? Is there anything that will help me prepare for the hands-on portion? I'm just looking for anything that can help me prepare better for the exam. Thank you.

Kyle Sebald
Post #10939
Posted Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:57 AM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:51 AM
I know of the expense of the Installer course but the best way to be prepared for the hands on portion of the test is to take the installer course and/or have a lot of previous experience.
A certain amount of experience is required before taking the Technician course and exam anyway.
Post #10940
Posted Thursday, May 31, 2018 10:54 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 12:43 PM
JCPJR (5/10/2018)
I know of the expense of the Installer course but the best way to be prepared for the hands on portion of the test is to take the installer course and/or have a lot of previous experience.
A certain amount of experience is required before taking the Technician course and exam anyway.

My problem with the new method of testing is that very few people are regularly performing all of the hands on tasks in their jobs. Who uses both the scribe and polish AND Unicam? Who uses both mechanical AND fusion splicing? My market is 66 and 110 blocks so I am rarely asked to punch down Krone and Bix blocks. Each fusion splicer is different. When I took my technician test the splicer I was most familiar with malfunctioned and I had to use a model I was unfamiliar with which was stressful considering you only get two tries to get it right or you fail the entire course. All of my classmates had some deficiency in the hands on test since their employer dictated the equipment they used. For future courses it would be great if Bicsi set time aside so students can review hands on tasks they rarely use.
Post #10947
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:05am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ