RCDD
BICSI
Welcome to the New BICSI Forums Community

Note:
NEW UPDATE: The Public forums are now sorted in a new order for easy browsing. We also fixed the issue with uploading large attachments. If you need any assistance please contact technical@bicsi.org.

BICSI Forums Community
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

RCDDExpand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:18 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:26 PM
Hello, i am new to the forum and i would like to ask a quick question. so my boss wants me to obtain the RCDD certification. i know that to get the cert you need to take the DD101 and DD102 classes, have the TDMM manual and then take the exam. but what i'm wondering is do i need any certifications prior to taking the courses? i couldn't find anything online that talked about what was needed prior to start my pursuit of the RCDD, Any help is much appreciated.
Post #10368
Posted Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:50 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, October 21, 2017 7:49 AM
This is from the RCDD application as per prerequisites.
Prerequisite Requirements
To sit for the RCDD examination, you must first have:
n Five years of information and communications technology (ICT) industry design experience within the last 10 years.
OR
n Two years of verifiable ICT design experience within the last 10 years and three years of additional ICT equivalents chosen from combinations of
experience, approved education and approved ICT license/certification (i.e. NTS, WD, CCNA). BICSI reserves the right to determine what is approved
curriculum and approved ICT license/certification.
BICSI verifies references and processes applications in the order they were received. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you apply for the RCDD
examination well in advance of the requested examination date.
An RCDD cannot hold the RITPTM credential simultaneously. Likewise, an RITP cannot hold an RCDD credential simultaneously.

The key word is design experience. You are also required to submit four (4) letters of reference,
two of which are from clients you have designed for.

Best of luck in your endeavors.
Before the exam I would take a look at the following exam prep collateral sites.

www.coryandsteve.com
www.ventouxlearningnetwork.com

Cory and Steve have an excellent bank of questions.
Ventoux provides an on line learning environment with a real time instructor.

Also on the exam are application questions as opposed to knowledge.
They are long and contain a lot of information. Many students get frustrated
trying to find the correct answer.
Post #10369
Posted Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:28 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:26 PM
Great! thank you sir.
Post #10370
Posted Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:38 AM
Sir,

The questions, in Cory and Steve website, are direct questions. There is no difficulty in answering it, once if you have the knowledge of TDMM.

Is there any other website where i can get questions, which has long and contain a lot of information, the same manner like the RCDD exam?

Thanks...
Post #10551
Posted Friday, April 28, 2017 9:27 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Saturday, October 21, 2017 7:49 AM
I would contact www.ventouxlearningnetwork.com
Cory and Steve are excellent for the knowledge based questions.
Post #10552
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 5:02am

©2011 - BICSI, Inc. All rights reserved. Advertise With Us | Press Room | Legal Disclaimer | Vision | Antitrust | Ethics Information | FAQ